0
L.O.V.E
Posted by XianQ
on
02:46
"Love = we think about it, lose sleep worrying about it, when we don't have it we search for it and when we discover it we fear of losing it. It is our source of pleasure & pain. It's a short word. easy to spell but difficult to define and impossible to live without it."
What is love?
I have been doing lots of thinking about love recently. I've asked myself questions as to why I have difficult grasping it. No doubt that I'm still on a journey of discovery regarding what love really is and what it can mean in my life. I just can feel love on a certain level but I couldn't or didn't before.
There is a very important component about love and that is in regarding to God's love for me and how I should respond to and accept His love. God's love is the only perfectly unconditional love. I know that He loves me but I know I must let Him into every part of my heart. I recognize that God through the Lord Jesus wants and needs to be the One I turn to in every circumstance. He put love in my life in the first place and only He can perfect it.
Love is thinking about others before you think about yourself. love is selfless not selfish. Love is God and God is love. Love is when you lay down you life for another even laying down for your enemies.
Love as described in 1 Corinthians 13 says that "Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, Love is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs, you see love delight in evil but rejoices in the truth, it always protects, always trusts, always hopes, it always perseveres. " Love never fails, love is everlasting. It's eternal and goes on and on, it's goes beyond time.
I hope I can love in even a small way like what is described in these verses. To anyone who read this, let's love like that. Let's be patient with each other, delight in knowing each other, rejoice with each other and especially protect each other and just love the best way we can. Friend, if you are reading this, I want you to know that you are loved.
Post a Comment